Databourg Systems is a growing start-up company created as a spin-off from University of Luxembourg in 2017. Leveraging on its patent pending and proprietary technologies, it is developing data analytic solutions using data from Satellite Networks.
Databourg Systems is currently expanding its Data Analytics team and seeking a highly motivated and talented Data Scientist.
The researcher will apply the latest machine learning and numerical techniques to build the first intelligent tool suite for helping Databourg Systems to process, analyse, and interpret data collected from satellite networks. The candidate researcher is expected to exhibit a cross-functional mind-set, intellectual curiosity and willingness to learn.
Duties - As a Data Science Researcher, your responsibilities will include:
- Working mainly with Databourg Systems to conceive, design and implement the first set of scalable machine learning tools for environmental monitoring and its applications using satellite data.
- Coordinating research and development (R&D) projects and delivering outputs.
- Scientific collaboration with public research institutions.
- Dissemination of the research results in well-known international conferences and publish peer-reviewed scientific journals.
- Stay up to date with state-of-the-art data processing and machine learning tools and techniques used in the remote sensing and flood risk management community.
Required skills and qualifications:
- PhD in Maths/ Statistics /Electrical Engineering/Computer Science/Physics or related quantitative domains.
- Hands-on experience with programming languages such as Matlab, Python, R and Java.
- Experience with Machine Learning and data processing libraries (TensorFlow, PyTorch, Scikit-learn, Pandas, etc.)
- Strong grasp of machine learning algorithms for time series analysis such as LSTM, Deep Learning, GAN.
- Experience with SQL (e.g. PostgreSQL) or other database management systems.
- Strong intellectual curiosity about the science, engineering, and business disciplines.
Language Skills: Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English are required. Knowledge of French or German would be an asset.
What we offer:
- Flexible working hours.
- No bureaucracy, you have freedom to bring good ideas and implement them.
- Opportunity to attend scientific conferences and workshops related to your work.
- Opportunity to build and lead the Data Analytics team.
- A fantastic place to work in Luxembourg City Incubator (LCI), “The place to be…”.